Well that was a good day.
- Spent a good deal of time trying to figure out the best way for the GUI and the Exec to communicate. Originally, I wanted to be able to pass a pointer to the GUI from the exec so that user actions in the GUI could be executed in a more reasonable place. Due to header conflicts, I couldn’t manage to get that to work, so I put together a UI_cmd class that is set in the UI and read in the Exec. That seems to be working pretty well, though I may want to put a queue in there and turn it more into a message bus/event pump. That level of sophistication isn’t needed yet though.
- Integrated the sound library that I wrote. I still have to reference the D3D audio library in the main application which I think is a bit odd, but I think it may be because I’m incorrectly exporting the symbol table from the static library. Again, that’s a refinement for later.
- At this point, the 3D position of my OGL shape and the 3D postion of my continuous sound (2D actually, Y = 0) are running in an infinite circle. It’s pretty cool to hear the audio track to the image. I’m uploading a video of the running system, and although it won’t be in surround, you can hear the flanging effects from the sound moving around the helmet.